We salute the indomitable courage and valour of the heroes of our motherland. The resilience amd incessant vigil of our soldiers is the reason that we stay safe and secure . On the 71st Army Day, let us extend our gratitude towards our soldiers, veterans and their families as our flags does not fly because the wind moves it, it flies because of the last breath of each soldier who made the supreme sacrifice protecting it. Let us go through some must know facts about Indian Army Day 2019.
1. Army Day is celebrated on January 15 every year in India in recognition of Lieutenant General KM Cariappa taking over as the first Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army from General Sir Francis Butcher, the last British Commander-in-Chief of India, on January 15, 1949.
2. Army Day is also celebrated to salute the valiant soldiers who sacrificed their lives to protect the country and its citizens.
3. At the Army Day celebration in Jammu and Kashmir, serving army personnel get the bravery and famed service awards (Sena medals, Vishist Seva medals, among others).
4. For the first time in the history of Indian Army, Lieutenant Bhavana Kasturi lead the Indian Army’s Service Corps (ASC) contingent and Captain Shikha Surabhi, a female officer, will be leading the Army’s Daredevils Motorcycle Display team comprising 33 men riding nine bikes in a pyramid.
5. Army Day parade is carried out by the Indian army soldiers (Indian army bands) which involves the exhibition of BLT T-72, T-90 tanks, Brahmos Missile, carrier Mortar Tracked Vehicle, 155 MM Soltum Gun, Advanced Light Helicopters of the Army Aviation Corps and etc.
6. Serving Indian Army personnel take a pledge to maintain their service and protect the nation from enemies whether they are foreign or domestic.