How kissing can be beneficial is one of the questions which have been asked by many of us in order to understand the actual health benefits of kissing.
How kissing can be beneficial
How kissing can be beneficial is a question that not many have asked. There is a number of studies which prove that kissing boost up the immune system of the body and also reduces allergic responses in people with skin or nasal allergies. It is not only an act of creating a bonding between two people but it is also the first step for greater relationship satisfaction. Some of the health benefits of kissing are
- Reduces the blood pressure – Kissing will let your heart to pump at a higher rate which will dilate your blood vessels. The flow of the blood will be boosted which will lower down the blood pressure in the body.
- Relieve cramps and headaches – Headaches and cramps can be caused by the number of reasons and can also vary in the intensity of the pain. The blood vessel dilation will lower down the pain caused by cramps and is quite effective during the headaches.
- Fight cavities – during the act of kissing, our mouth increases the production of saliva which helps to wash away plaque from our teeth which might cause cavities. There are also some chances of getting cavity-causing bacteria during kissing through the person who has poor oral habits. This condition is quite common when a mother kisses her baby and cavity-causing bacteria gets transferred from mother to the baby.
- Releases Happy Hormones – According to studies, kissing also triggers the brain to produce happy hormones like serotonin, dopamine, and oxytocin which will not only help you to keep you happy but also strengthen your relationship. “‘This [oxytocin] is the hormone of love, and the better the oxytocin levels, the more capacity for love,’ explains psychotherapist Arthur Janov, Ph.D., author of ‘The Biology of Love’ and the director of the Primal Center in Santa Monica, Calif. ‘We have found that those who cannot commit in a love relationship are low in oxytocin.'”
- Burn calories – There is a number of people who want to shed extra weight from their bodies in order to get the perfect body shape. To lose some extra weight forces us to cut short of calories consumption but according to a report, vigorous kissing can help in burning 8 to 16 calories in a session. So next time, if you want to burn some calories, be ready to kiss your partner. Whenever a person starts kissing, his body will release the adrenaline hormones which will improve the metabolism system and hence it will burn the calories in the body.
- Tone Facial Muscles – As we all know that while kissing there are different muscles on the face that play their part. This is one of the reasons that kissing can actually help you in toning your facial muscles. A passionate kiss can shape up your neck and the jawline of your face and with regular kissing, you might get the perfect jawline you have always wished for. It will also improve the blood circulation in the face which will make you look younger as the skin on the face will get more blood rich in oxygen.
- Relieve stress – Stress and depression are some of the most common problems in the modern world. It is also dependent on the lifestyle and due to some personal and professional situations. Kiss is considered to be an effective stress reliever as after kissing your partner there will only be positive feelings in your head. Whenever our body is stressed out, it produces a special hormone called ‘cortisol’ which is also known as the stress hormone. Kiss will help you to lower down the levels of the hormone and make you feel more relaxed about the situation. While suffering from stress, kissing your partner will be your first choice before consuming pills advised by your doctor.
- Check out your partner’s compatibility – Kissing can also be a powerful measure of your attraction to a person as most of the men and women who were surveyed reported that first kiss could be a turn-off. The situation is quite common in women as there is a lot at stake for them during their first kiss which ends up in a long-term and healthy relationship.
If you haven’t know the amazing benefits of kiss, this article will take you by surprise.